I’ve been talking to a few Auckland-based User Experience (UX) folk recently – discussing how we can better connect, network, learn and be inspired.
In my talks, I’ve noticed that not everyone is necessarily aware of all the various UX-related events already happening in Auckland, so I thought it would be a good idea to restart my UX Calendar of Events.
The UX Calendar lists each event individually, but here’s a brief overview of what’s already happening in Auckland:
- Auckland Web Meetup – John Ballinger & friends organise a great event, typically with 3 speakers each time, so there’s usually at least one topic of interest. And there’s free beer and pizza, and drinks afterwards – good opportunity for networking.
- Auckland UX Book Club – Two books successfully discussed so far, and the group is growing. Thanks to Peter Grierson for kicking this off this year!
- Auckland Pecha Kucha – Initially started by the Architecture crowd in Auckland, but topics vary and provide a great insight into how other creatives work and think. I love the format: 6 minute presentation means you never get bored.
- Girl Geek Dinners – Monthly dinners for the more geeky women amongst us, but I’m sure they’re welcoming to everyone…
- DINZ run occasional events, such as Designers Speak Plurals. The next one is in Auckland on 29th July. Looks like a great line-up of speakers.
- YMedia are currently running the YMediaChallenge.
- Design Assembly put together an evening of talks and discussion for Graphic Designers four times a year. The next one is on 30th September.
- There are even rumours of an upcoming TEDx event in Auckland (Oct 1?). More info shortly.
Let me know if I’ve missed any…